- Volunteer Opportunities
- Himalaya Education Program
- Himalaya Waste Management Program
- Rural Building & Construction Program
- Orphanage Volunteering Program
- Health Awareness Program
- Chitwan Community Project
- Women Entrepreneurial Programs.
Himalayan Environmental and Cultural Awareness Centre (HECAC), Nepal is a non-profit making organisation committed to helping deprived people living in remote areas of the Himalayas. HECAC is strongly engaged in ecological management and environmental protection of the Himalayas. HECAC was founded in 2004 by Bishnu Subedi and his team. This organization is supported by Nature Trail, members in Nepal, and representatives outside of Nepal.
About 22 % of Nepal’s total land mass is covered by protected areas in the form of national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, hunting reserves and conservation areas. Nepal comes only second to Brazil in terms of water resources and having possessed the longest chain of Hindu Kush Himalayan belt makes it a perennial source of fresh water.
HECAC invites national and international volunteers to join our mission, and contribute to alleviating poverty. Volunteering benefits include:
- Invaluable life experience
- Experience working in multicultural environment
- Provides on the job training and working certificates
- Meeting interesting people
- Personal development & growth
- Sense of achievement and personal fulfillment process.